The Fagaras Mountain Range is home to the highest peaks in Romania. The highest mountain is Varful Moldoveanu with 2.544m. The range is 80 x 30 km big and offers run for experts aswell as for rookies. Some of the runs are up to a length of 1.000 meters of vertical drop.
The real experience for the real wintersportsperson. On downdays freeriding under the gondula creates a smile in your face, especially, when hittingf the incredible Forest Runs!
Amongst the highest mountains in the Southern carpaths, this adventure will be unforgotten!
Due to the fact, the helicopter has to be transferred to there, we need a minimum group size of 16 persons.
Our base is ca 60 km from the international airport in Sibiu. We use a mountainhotel which is led by a family belonging to the german minority in Transilvania. The hotel is situated on 2.034 m and can be reached by cablecar.
The rooms offer shower and toilet in every room, food is typical transilvanian excellent! The owner of the hotel is a passionate hunter, so deer is on the menu sometimes… Some of the evenings find to an end in the bar or the cosy hunters room.
Bad Weather days, so called downdays can be spent by skiing underneath the gondola, or a little hike and freeriding back to the gondola base station or even with iceclimbing infront of the lodge.
• The rooms are double rooms, some with more beds aswell available. All of these are equipped with shower and toilet. And a view to winterly alpine landscape, some have a balcony…
• Singlerooms can be had for an extra amount.
• Restaurant, Bar, Terasse, Central Heating
• Landing 10 meters infront of the hotel.
• Icehotel with nice icebar 100 m infront of the hotel
Minimum group size 16 persons